Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Play day!

I am not the type of person who sits still doing nothing very well. While I don't feel the need to have every minute of my life planned out, I do feel that I should have at least one thing on my schedule every day, preferably something that gets me interaction with other people. As of last night, I had nothing on tap for today, and no cooking or baking to do even, since I am not home for dinner on Tuesdays and we are supposed to go away in a few days. So I was happy when I chatted with a friend and invited her for lunch. Then early this morning (well, early for most people, not for a mom with a baby!) a different friend called to ask me a favor. She asked if I would mind taking care of her four year old son while she went to a doctor's appointment. This was great! She thinks I did her a favor? I think I got the best of this deal! This is a boy, Mr. J, who I love to be with, and who is a ton of fun to be around. He is very high energy, and loves to be doing things. And he was great with Little Girl! She loved watching him run around, he loved helping her... he even shared his lovey with her! If that isn't a great act of kindness from a four year old, I don't know what is!!

So for a completely unscheduled day, today was pretty full and lots of fun! I am so glad that I got to play with Mr. J! I can't wait to have a play-date with his big brother next! I loved having the kids play together. And they had such a good time, I think they wore each other out!


Miss L - we can do this again any time!!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I still think you did me a favor! I love the pic w/ Mr. J in the crib w/ Little Girl. I hope she napped well after being so worn out. And yes, Mr. D can't wait for his play day w/ Little Girl and you!!! thanks again, L

    ReplyDelete